Wednesday, September 5, 2007

To all ze girls i've loved before...

Hey, who wants to know what 'ol Mom's been up to? Anyone?
Here's the scoop: I went away for the weekend Aug. 24 - 26. In my past life, this would've been small potatoes. We used to go 4 nights, 5 days. But, since all of us have had babies (all girls!) within the past year, two nights was like winning the lottery. We all missed our babies, but we had a blast as usual. This was the sixth annual girls weekend. May we party one weekend a year for the rest of our lives! Huzzah!
Tim took care of Elsa. It was his first weekend alone with her and he did a great job. I was afraid i'd get to the cabin and start to panic, but there was no need. I could tell by his voice that he was in control and everything was fine and I was able to have a fully enjoyable time as planned. Thanks, daddy-o! When I got home, Elsa looked at me like,"Oh yeah... I knew something was missing" and kept playing. Hmph! I guess i'd rather have her happy and unaware instead of bawling with separation anxiety.

3 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

Hey Olson, it's called sunscreen --now go buy it.

crystal o said...

i live on the edge yo!

SJ said...

Jess- did you have to post the big elbow picture...seriously! WHAAAATCHOUT!