Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Big Kid

Look at this kid! She manages to look tall and statuesque all while wearing horizontal stripes. Here she is with dad, about to read books during our bedtime ritual. He does the bedtime and I usually pick up toys or collapse somewhere until it's time to shut off the light. We figured out a no-fail way of getting her to brush her teeth. We simply sing a made-up song of everyone who brushes their teeth. It goes like this,"Big Bird brushes his teeth, and Grandma brushes her teeth...Barack Obama brushes his teeth..." etc. Even YOU have probably been part of our song. So, thank you.


Elsa still loves to read, however, she no longer asks me to read to her. She'll pick up a book and show it to me with great interest. Then, when I ask if I can read it to her, she'll take it and sit across the room and say,"Elta read!"


This elephant is one of her favorite stuffed animals. She throws it on the floor and says,"Nap!"


Today we needed to get a few things, so I made a painful decision and went to Wal-Mart instead of Target. Less temptation at Wal-Mart, ya know. I meant to take a photo of Elsa in the store while looking at the fish tanks or something, but it didn't happen. All I can think when i'm there is, "Get me out." So, here's a shot from the parking lot. Elsa enjoyed wiping the snow and dirt off my car, then licking her mitten.

1 comment:

FEZ BEAR said...

I feel compelled to comment, but I have nothing to say. I guess you could say I feel as though I am in a pickle.