Friday, May 23, 2008

The Fast and The Furious

Elsa turned 21 months old yesterday, which is very close to 2 and it's beginning to show.
For instance, her favorite thing in the world is to play outside. But the 2-year-old in her has learned that she can argue and say no and rebel, and sometimes that's actually more fun for her, even if she doesn't mean it. An example...


Run Away?! You can actually see her smile at the thought of running away instead, and how that might be even cooler than going outside. Even though i'd been hearing her yell,"Outside!" for the past 15 minutes and she'd been waiting at the gate delirious with anticipation.

Once I finally caught her, we went outside and took a stroll to the park. For some reason the typically slow slide was very fast - I barely had time to hit record. In this video Elsa wonders, "Am I hurt? What the heck just happened?"


The sound of her butt hitting the sand gets me every time.

I've been a garage saleing machine lately, the reason being my quest to find outdoor toys for Elsa this summer before the new baby arrives. Unfortunately, most of the sales i've been to don't offer such desirable items. Craigs List does, but for some reason the stuff for sale in the northern suburbs is priced $20-$30 more than the stuff in the cities. UNTIL yesterday! I'm so glad I waited for a deal. I got this cube climber/slide for only $10. Score!


A few days before, I got this picnic table at a garage sale for just $5. Unlike other banners that have been raised in haste, I can honestly say,"Mission Accomplished!"


She also got a brand-new sandbox and toys, which she loves.


This photo is from a couple weeks ago. Even though it was cold and raining and her rain boots were 2 sizes too big, she had to be outside and loved it.


Baby #2 is just 5 weeks away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, she's gotten fast!
-mj

Anonymous said...

Jessie, the videos of Elsa running away and hitting the sand are both hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing these - I can't stop giggling!! Have a great weekend! :) Kelty