Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas, and Lila can count!

Bear with me as we go through the Mother of all Christmas re-caps. The grandparents like to see a lot of photos, okay?

First of all, cookies. I'm new to the whole baking thing. Tim and I had the same bag of sugar for 6 years. But lately, I'm baking like a... oh crap, like a MOM. This year I made a ton of things. Rum balls, Egg Nog cookies, sugar cookies, and mint chip brownies. The one thing I still can't figure out, is why people start baking 3 weeks before Christmas. I don't care if you freeze the cookies - they're still going to be obviously old cookies, aren't they? I could be wrong - I am new at this. But to be safe, I made all of mine 1 week to 2 days before Christmas. Mmm, they were good. And of course it was great to have help.

Decorating the cookies.


Elsa and her super fake, hilarious Top Model pose! At least she's looking at the camera again.


Christmas Eve day. We dressed the kids in matching sweaters and headed to my parents house for a lovely brunch.

The matching sweaters. Lila is wearing Elsa's old Christmas outfit. I happened to find the same sweater in Elsa's size at the thrift store for $1. Score.


Lila loved this present before it was even opened. "I climb!"


Looking festive.


Elsa helped pass out the presents.


Christmas Eve. Headed to Tim's parents house for another nice gathering with family and friends.
Elsa opening presents.


Hey, who cares about these two?!


The kids calm down for awhile and watch Shirley Temple in grandma and grandpa's bedroom.


They somehow stayed up until 10 pm. It was great until about 10 am the next day, when it was obvious they were very out of sorts. Still, they had a great Christmas morning. Tim left a note that Santa had written, while I had the more difficult task of leaving convincing cookie crumbs.


Our job done, we ran around outside in celebration, taking photos of the pretty snowstorm.


Up bright and early.


The meaning of Christmas caught on camera - an unprompted hug!


I guess we don't have many photos of the kids opening their presents. They all turned out pretty blurry, which was fitting because it was a blur. All in all, a great Christmas. Hope everyone else had a great one, too.

Yesterday Elsa found my stash of stickers and stuck them all over the couch. Thanks to teacher Sherry, her preschool teacher, she said,"Should we count them?" So she did. Then to my surprise, so did Lila!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lila is such an advanced child. Thats a gift in itself for mom and dad to have 2 healthy and smart children.
ps. I enjoy the pics of you and tim. You are such a cute couple. :)

m

crystal o said...

That picture of Elsa with her fake pose had me rolling!

emmarieck said...

Love this video! Watching it again and remembering when I saw this for the first time. Can't believe her 6th birthday is coming up in just a couple weeks!

emmarieck said...

Love this video! Watching it again and remembering when I saw this for the first time. Can't believe her 6th birthday is coming up in just a couple weeks!

emmarieck said...

Oops...I thought this looked like Lila :) Can't believe she just turned 4!!