Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First day of preschool 2010

Here they are! First day of school. Lila insisted on bringing her backpack too, even though she doesn't need one. Her ECFE class starts the last week of September. Last year Elsa went to Preschool for two days, and one day I got to stay in class with her. This year she goes 3 days all by herself. She really likes it so far, but after I picked her up she said,"Why were you gone for so long? I missed you." The class is only 2 1/2 hrs long. :)


Elsa's teacher, Ms. Marianne, has a board outside the classroom so we can see what they did that day. It's great because then I can get Elsa to talk to me about school, instead of:
"What did you do at school today?"
"Nothing!"


Last Sunday we went to my Great-Aunt Kay's 98th Birthday in Cumberland, WI. It was great to see her and to bring the kids back to Beaver Dam Lake. Here's Elsa and Grandpa on the path out to the dam.


Lila on one side of the dam, the other side is in the distance. The dam doesn't exist anymore, but everyone still calls it The Dam. It's so shallow right there, you can walk across.


Both kids throwing rocks.


My sister and me, the proud auntie! Only about a month until baby is here!


They loved the old-school teeter totter at the beach.


Last Saturday we went to Taco Daze in Scandia. Here are the kids at the parade. Elsa waved the whole time, even when nobody was driving by! Afterward they went on some bouncy castles and slides. I forgot to take pics of that because it was so chaotic. Lila actually climbed the giant slides and went down. It was a bit difficult for a kid of her size. All the bigger kids had to climb over her and nearly knocked her down as they did, but she did it.


The new popular thing around here is Lego towers. We must get them out and pick them up over 3 times a day. I might just start keeping them on the floor as permanent decor.


I had a photo of Lila's new haircut in the last post, but it didn't show the back. Very Posh Spice, no?


We have these weeds that blow all around our yard, and I don't know what they are, but we call them Tumbleweeds. They're everywhere. In the garage, in my car, and somehow they get into the house. A ton of them blew up against the fence and the kids couldn't resist jumping in.


Last weekend we went to William O'Brien State Park with my parents. The kids call it the Rock Park. Here they are posing on the giant rock.


Elsa in the river with Grandma E.


Lila standing by the river. Don't worry - someone was nearby!


Elsa is amazed by tree climbing, and asks Tim to climb the trees in our yard. She wanted to go up in this one over and over.


That about covers it! Tomorrow we leave for the North Shore. Many more photos to come.

No comments: