Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Greetings from the Middle of Nowhere!



It's actually only a couple miles from town, but it feels like we're WAY out. We moved the weekend before Thanksgiving and it's been crazy ever since. Lila tripped while she was playing down the basement on Tim's birthday (11/27) and had to get stitches in her chin. It was bad - blood everywhere and the biggest gaping wound I'd ever seen. On my baby! Poor kid had a tough time in the ER (I managed to save my meltdown for later) but she's healing up pretty well now. We finally got our phone/internet hookup today, which is awesome, but also very dangerous... there's too much to do for me to get sucked into Facebook and whatnot. Had to share some pictures, though! Despite the craziness and stress of getting settled, it's been so exciting to finally live here. Feels like home!

Very cute. But mostly...


...very goofy!


I took this photo for the insurance company this morning. Porch faces east, my car is north. It was so cold out! Only 17 degrees, but the kids were happy to join me outside. We don't have a TV in our main living area anymore and I thought I'd hate it, but it's been great. We listen to more music, have dance parties, and the kids find other things to do, like throw/catch things down the laundry chute for hours.


After we decorated the house for Christmas, the kids got cozy in front of the fireplace.


Time for more endless unpacking. More later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

congrats on being officially IN!
i know you guys have been working very hard.
I'm part time next week and the week after. lets do something! even if its a project around your house.
later!
-m