Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Power play


Like a tooth-flashing wild animal, Elsa sticks out her lower jaw and stares at us to show us who's boss. This is her daily "mean muggin'" face. Although i've seen meaner, I like the excessive display of teeth and gums in this photo. I think she's saying,"I'm done with tummy time. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe it later when I bite you at my next feeding." Tummy time adjourned!

Elsa is 7 months, 1 week old. Earlier this week, she learned to clap her hands. She talks quite a bit, and loves saying "Da!" for everything. If a car drives by, "Da!". If I walk into the room and she's happy to see me, "Da!". Whenever she's playing and happy, or sad and crying, she'll yell out, "Da! Da! Da!". It's so cute - it never gets old. I just wish she'd start saying "Ma".

Earlier this week, we had some lovely 75 degree weather. We took full advantage of it and hung out outside all day. We went for a long walk around town and visited the park. It was so nice to dress Elsa in short sleeves and not have to worry if she was too cold. We're going to have fun this summer!


Last week, Elsa had her first little-kid visitor. It wasn't really a playdate because they didn't play together, but Henry was awfully sweet about sharing toys and giving back the toys she'd dropped. A future prince charming? Aww!

1 comment:

FEZ BEAR said...

Those two look pretty cute together! Big thanks to you and Timpanze for all the help last weekend. Your benevolence is matched only by your painting skills.

PS Quiggstersayshey.