Monday, July 23, 2007

The Big 3-0 and more

Elsa's new favorite game is throwing whatever you give her on the floor and waiting for you to pick it up. She thinks it's hilarious.
Below: Elsa gets a taste of her heritage, in the form of a crocheted Norwegian flag. "Uff-Da!" she says, as she abandons it over the side of her crib. I'm guessing it tasted like pickled herring.



Friday, my sister and I spent 1/2 day at an Aveda spa. Manicures, facial, lunch, hair, makeup; it was faaabulous! Saturday, Tim and I spent the night at the new Westin in downtown Mpls to celebrate my birthday. It's in the old Farmers & Merchants Bank building from the 1940's, and it's super cool. This photo doesn't do it justice.

We left Elsa overnight for the first time. She had a blast with grandma and grandpa and didn't even seem to realize that we'd been gone for 24 hours. We had a great time also, watching the band at the Nomad and partying with lots of friends. Sunday the 22nd was my b-day, and also Elsa's 11 month b-day. We had a huge b-day feast at my parents house. We're talkin' crab legs, tuna steaks, bruschetta, salad, and two kinds of homemade pies - blueberry and key lime. Here's me w/ the pies.
Not pictured: a thought bubble coming out of my head that's screaming, "Holy crap, i'm 30."


Drooly McGee, cute as can be.

3 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

Happy belated 30th, you old hag, you!!

Anonymous said...

THREE decades old!
You've been breating for 10950 days
that's 6307200 hours
and that's also 378432000 minutes.
if you breath 5 times in a minute, that averages
1892160000 breaths so far!
oop, add one.
p.s. i love elsa's b/w striped top. where can i get one in my size?
-mj

Anonymous said...

Hey--watch out...you might offend ancient 33-year old cousins!!