Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Taking candy from a baby

Here's the deal. I wasn't allowed to have candy until I was 5 years old, and we've decided to pass on the tradition. Our kids won't know what they're missing, so it'll be less to say "no" to at the store. Less sugar crashes, too. A good idea all around, if you ask me.
So, last weekend Elsa went on a trip to Cub with Tim. "Just daddy and Elsa", as she'd say. You can imagine my horror when I see her jump out of the car with a bright green Blow Pop in her hand.
What the?! I ran to the door and said, as calmly as I could, (though I'm told it was rather manic) "What's this all about?!"
It turns out they were giving balloons away at Cub and the suckers were tied on at the bottom. During the drive home she figured out how to get the wrapper off.
She didn't care that the balloon escaped from the car and got stuck in one of our trees. That lollipop was the coolest thing she'd ever discovered. She held it up like it was a God. She smiled at it, talked to it, held it, hugged it.
It was adorable, I have pictures, and now the candy ban can resume! I've officially become a mean ol' Mom.

This is our kid...


This is our kid on pure sugar...


4 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

No candy til five? You are a Satanist. Junk food rules.

Kelly said...

too cute! see ya tamarra, cuz!

JR said...

Don't feel too bad for her. We probably won't be able to hold out till she's 2 1/2. We've already tried to bribe her with M&M's for potty training.

Anonymous said...

once elsa starts eating candy how are you going to prevent lila from feeling like she's missing out? i guess you've got a couple years to figure out that problem. :)