Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Tale of Two Sisters

Lila turned 10 weeks old yesterday! Wow. We've finally been sleeping better the last couple nights. I attribute it to her new schedule and my new "no dairy" diet. I hope it keeps working!

At her 8 week appointment she was 11 lbs, 7 oz and her height was 23 inches. These measurements baffle me, as they're exactly the same as Elsa's at that age, minus the 7 oz. Lila is SO much bigger than Elsa! Clothes fit tighter, hats don't fit her head, etc. Elsa was downright scrawny, Lila is hefty in comparison. I think the doc must have been wrong. We'll have to see how the 4 month stats add up.

Here are the photos I was able to round up that showcase their similarities/differences. In all the photos they're the same age within a week or so.

Lila, Elsa



Elsa, Lila



Elsa, Lila


They definitely look like sisters, don't they?

Speaking of sisters, mine is getting married next week in Two Harbors! Photos to come.

Here's Elsa with her beloved hippo. Yes, he's wearing a Tutu. And he sings "Tiptoe Through the Tulips". His current name is Mister Hippopotamus. If I say,"Hi Lila! Are you hungry?" She'll say,"Hi Hippo! Are you hungry? Feed him hippo food!" Basically everything I say to Lila, she says to the hippo. Here she is feeding him some pretzels. Most of the time she feeds him pretend food that she gathers from behind the stereo. I'm told it's green.


We have a balloon from Elsa's party and it's still floating. I remembered my friend Crystal always used to get balloons to entertain her daughter, so I attached this one to Lila's foot and she loved it.


Awww, the kids together. May they always get along this well! Ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, worth the wait!
:)
m

trinity said...

omg, the last side x side pic is too cute! they're totally alike! ADORABLE :)

beckyg7 said...

So cute! I especially love the last photo with them together. I remember a post a while back about Elsa poking dolls in the eyes ... A little close on that one! :)