Sunday, December 14, 2008

Growing Pains

I'd say the terrible two's are in full swing. Elsa is starting to do things we never thought she'd do. Pouring milk all over her dinner, having a breakdown when I bring out the camera, flinging hand soap all over the mirror, slamming doors, etc. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a normal part of growing up. But it certainly does try my patience. She's still a sweet kid, but the Terribles tend to show up more than i'd like. Here she is saying, "NO!" when she sees the camera.


Tim has been taking Elsa outside after he comes home from work. They take a ride in the sled and she helps him shovel. Here's a picture of her admiring Tim's giant mittens. I decided not to show the one where she collapsed into tears because I wanted to take a picture of her all bundled up. She's not a fan of the camera lately.


Last week we started Lila on veggies. So far she's had squash, peas, and carrots. She loves 'em all! Lately she's been waking up about 4 times a night, and we've finally realized that if we ignore her the first time (hard as it is to let her cry for 20 mins!), she'll only wake up once or twice after that.


All in all, things are going well. We're out of the difficult newborn stage. Both kids can stay occupied while we get stuff done around the house. They're great in public, too. One time while Elsa was with the grandparents, we took Lila to Applebee's. She was courteous enough to wait until after dinner to fill her diaper. Good baby!


Lila's a little behind in the photos department, so here's a couple of her just looking cute.

1 comment:

trinity said...

I think Sophia is starting her terrible two's early - she's not even two yet! She likes to try my patience A LOT. Hopefully we'll be lucky and it won't continue into the 3's. No door slamming going on at my house - just a lot of attitude!

Lila is adorable in those pics!! She's so chill!

Good luck :)