Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lila, 5 months old

The first few months were tough, but we made it. It's all smooth sailin' from here - until she turns 2. Lila smiles all the time, loves her jumper, rarely cries, takes 2-3 naps a day (still wakes a few times each night, but anyway...), and is super cuddly and sweet. She loves attention, and to get massaged. Just last weekend she added a high-pitched "dih dih dih!" to her vocabulary. She rolls a lot, and can sit for a few seconds on her own.
A few of her nicknames:
1. Minnie. We must use this one a lot, because Elsa told Santa that was her name.
2. Butterball. This one leads up to...
3. Double Dimps, because her left cheek seriously has one dimple above the other.

Lila during our Christmas photoshoot today.


Lila and daddy at dinnertime.


Here's video of Lila laughing, and later you hear her "huuuh" sound that Elsa loves to copy.


One of my favorite recent Elsa quotes:

The other week, after she'd asked for a snack, I said,"What do we say?"

She thought a second, then said, "I mean it!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote! You'll have to note that one in her baby book! I wonder where she learned that one... I feel like I can hear it coming out of your mouth...Elsa, sit and eat...I mean it. HAHA!

SJ

JR said...

I know, she totally got it from me! Oops... :)

FEZ BEAR said...

When Henry tries to get us to do something he will sometimes start a countdown. "ONE... TWO... I SAID NOW!!"