Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas and New Years 2008

This year we had about 5 days of planned activities in a row. Here's Elsa at Grandma and Grandpa R's house playing with one of her favorite "gifts" - an empty box and wrapping paper.


Then she decides to eat it!


She was so tired. Her bedtime is normally 7 pm, but she went to bed closer to 10 pm during our holiday get-togethers. With her very "two" behavior lately, I expected the worst, but she did really great. She even stuck with the potty training. I suspect that 15+ people clapping for her was good incentive.

Elsa at my parents house on Christmas morning. This was before any cookies or sweets - she's just high on Christmas excitement. Remember those days?


Things got a little wild that day. Family came over around 1:00 pm and I expected we'd all leave by 6 at the latest. Nope - more like 10 pm. My cousin Becky was in town from France with her husband Yucca. It was great to see everyone!

Lila with my aunt Connie.


The cousins: Kelly, me, Becky, and my sis Jenny.


Lila being a sweet squeezable baby!


The guys with the shot ski. Shane, Tim, Yucca, Dad.


Cousins with the shot ski.


Lila in the "Teeter Babe" bouncer, circa 1950's. No straps, no safety gear. No fuss, no muss! Our kids are 3rd generation Teeter Babe babes.


A couple days later we hung out with my other side of the family, and I'm kicking myself because I completely forgot to take pictures! They would've been great with all the little cousins running around.

We stayed in for New Years Eve, but went out the next night.
Tim and I on New Years Day at Elsie's in Northeast. Wow, am I shrinking?

3 comments:

Krista said...

Shotski looks like a fun thing to have around! I love that picture of Elsa running...so cute! Glad the terrible two's weren't too terrible during the Holidays!

Anonymous said...

lila is getting cuter by the day! -m

Anonymous said...

aw man...my embarrassing score is on the screen in the background!
--cuz K