Monday, January 19, 2009

Playdates and baby fat

Elmo ended up being a no-go. School was closed because of extreme temperatures on both days we could've gone. Figures. Oh well, we'll have to try for next year. We still managed to have a great day. In the morning we visited with Grandma R., and in the afternoon Elsa's friend Cael came over for a playdate. Elsa played with bubble wrap while Cael rocked out on the drums. After, we went to the Village Inn for lunch. It was a fun day after all.



Last week I was busy making stuffed shells, when Tim suddenly appeared at my side.

T: Did you put all the cheese in those shells yet?

J: (without looking up) Yep.

T: Were you going to add cottage cheese, too?

J: (still not looking) Why would I...

T: Because I've got some right here!




Baby fat! Baby fat! I love me some baby fat.

Another photo, trying to fly out of Tim's arms. She's a wild one.


Elsa saw this and said,"Minnie! Minnie not bite Elsa's Barney DVD, Minnie!"


She mostly talks to Lila when she's scolding her, but lately she's been offering her some toys, too. Just today she said,"Elsa fed her a Cheerio!" I looked, and sure enough, Lila was choking down a Cheerio. (I'll have to get video of that - it's funny how one piece of cereal can be such a big production).
I've been trying to bring the two together and get Elsa interested in her sister, and proud to be a big sister. It started like this:"Look Lila, Elsa's eating French Toast. You can't eat yummy stuff like that yet."
Now all day it's like,"Should we tell Lila that Elsa's drinking milk? Should we tell Lila that Elsa's runnin' around? Should we tell Lila that Elsa's on the potty?"
I suppose translator is better than mediator. I know that'll be next!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Hahaha...cottage cheese!!! Love that story!

Becca said...

Lila & Ava have much in common--Ava likes to "fly" too. Maybe sounds strange, too, but their arms look alike. How can that be--well, 1st cousins, once removed, I guess.

Also, love the "script" you write out. So funny.

FEZ BEAR said...

At least it's definitely small curd, low fat cottage cheese.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome fezbear. small curd would be an awesome nickname! hehe.
anyone have any peaches?

Owen said...

Hey there! What cuties!! Owen continues to be totally entertained by the blog. I hope you see you in June! Miss you!