Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baths and Birthday parties

Here are the girls last week, during their first shared bath.


Elsa looking innocent in her Hello Kitty towel. This face reminds me of most of her baby pictures - deer in the headlights!


The kids love to sit on our bed and play with the blankets. Elsa always says,"I looove these covers, Mama!"


Today is not only my friend Trinity's birthday, but also her daughter Sophia's. So, this afternoon we went to Sophia's 2nd birthday party in Minneapolis. In the past, Elsa has been pretty quiet and shy. I've noticed this year at school that she doesn't seem to be as much, and the party today was further proof that she's definitely becoming less of a wallflower, to say the least. When it was time for cupcakes, she kept shouting,"I want to choose one, I want to choose!" She was so insistent, someone gave her a cupcake before the birthday girl even got to have her cake! During the birthday song, as I smiled at her and sang along, she looked me straight in the eye and yelled,"I'm NOT going to sing, Mama!". At one point during the gift opening, she went to the bathroom. I casually walked out and she followed behind, suddenly hollering to everyone,"I PEEEEEED!" Then clapped for herself. I had to remind her a few times,"It's not your party, Elsa!" :) She had such a great time, she didn't want to leave. And Sophia had so many new and interesting toys for her to play with, including a huge play kitchen - her favorite. Tim said when she got home, the first thing she said to him was,"Daddy, Sophia has a WONDERful kitchen!"

Sophia and Elsa eating their mexican feast (it was a Dora themed party).


Sophia and Elsa, excited to dig into the awesome Dora cake Trinity made.


Elsa playing in the upstairs playroom with Sophia's toys.

2 comments:

trinity said...

So glad you guys had fun! You're welcome to come over anytime and play! I love the pic of Elsa by the birthday cake. She's SO excited!

Vince said...

would those be some pictures of Tim Rieck? If so, Me and my wife live in Wyoming and have known the Rieck family for years, even when Tim was a wee-litle guy. What great picures. See you guys around some time.
Darrell And Sheree Vincent
http://www.bigds-darrell.blogspot.com