Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hippo, school, and the Northland Mall

Last week at school we had a pajama day. The kids wore their pj's and brought their favorite stuffed animal. We made a wagon for them during art, which they used to carry their animals around in for the rest of the day. It was so cute!
Here is Elsa on her way to the gym.


With her friend Cael before we left for home.


The fun didn't stop there. We've been feeling pretty cooped up around here, so I decided we had to make a break for it. Where to? For some reason my answer was the barren wasteland known as the Northland Mall. They used to have little carousels the kids could ride for 50 cents, and I thought for sure the thrift store would yield some treasures. But no, it was bleak. The carousels were gone, and the thrift store was pretty picked over, what with these tough economic times and all. I decided to take some pictures of the kids thinking it would be funny, but it was just sad. We walked up and down the empty hallway and got some exercise at least.


"The Computer Shop". For real. Hand painted in flourescent.




Moving on.
This is from today. Elsa is insisting that Hippo come with to the grocery store. More and more, she's using Hippo to play pretend and tell stories. It's really cute, except she's also figured out how to use Hippo against us. If we tell her she can't do something, she says that Hippo said she could!

3 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

Back in 1984 they had an iron-on shirt store at Northland Mall. Last time I was there at the thrift store I walked through the common area for nostalgia and it was pretty bad. I bet it gets lonely at Radio Shack.

Anonymous said...

that last pic of elsa: she looks so much like tim!

trinity said...

I love the pj idea! Hippo's box turned out cute :) I can't wait to start my new ECFE class on Monday!