Thursday, June 4, 2009

Talkies

Lila turned 11 months old this week. About a week ago she started copying certain things we said, and by now she has at least 12 words. I have video of some of them. It's very primitive and new, but it's the real deal. My eardrums are relieved. Hopefully talking will eliminate some of the shrieking.

Elsa helps Lila say the word "doll". (Notice she's actually saying "Dow" - making fun of the way Lila says it.)


You can hear her say "cracker" in the beginning, but won't say it again when I ask her. Oh well, you can see how much she likes them!


This is an accurate portrayal of what it might look like if I ever met Robert Pattinson.


Yes, Lila likes to smash her head into stuff. But the main thing with this one is the ending. You can clearly hear Lila greet Elsa by saying "hi".


I bet you didn't know this one:


I'll be emptying the dishwasher and hear her say "ball". I look over and she's playing with a ball. Brilliant. This talking stuff just doesn't get old.

4 comments:

trinity said...

Yay, videos! Seriously, Lila is already talking at 11 months?? How cool! Those two are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

i love the videos!
I'm predicting that lila will get a tattoo someday since she likes inflicting pain onto herself. dude, like that one time when she was at the table and took a fast nosedive straight into the table on purpose...that was crazy!
m

Anonymous said...

Very cute, and I too would lick Robbie's head.
xtal

SassyMandaG said...

These video clips are great! She is a cutie. I especially like how she's so enamored by her dollie. I'd be the same with Robert. :-)