Sunday, November 1, 2009

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

The day before Halloween we carved some pumpkins, and by "we", I mean Tim. He carves a mean pumpkin, and fast. Here are this years beauties:


The kids had fun watching and helping Dad with the carvings.







By request, Elsa was The Grinch. I made the costume and I think it turned out pretty alright. Lila's costume was another homemade creation that Elsa wore 2 years ago.

The Grinch!


Lila Strawberry.


Earlier in the evening we took the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa with their costumes. Then we went home, bundled up, and got ready for trick-or-treating. We borrowed a wagon from my parents, filled it with warm blankets, and hit the neighborhood. It was a pretty cold night, but the kids didn't seem to notice or care. Elsa had a good time of course. She always likes to be "out in the darkness!" Lila sang and smiled a lot, and after we'd leave the houses she'd keep repeating,"Sack-ooo!" (Thank You.)




This lady didn't seem too impressed with my paparazzi-style photography.


1 comment:

Owen said...

I think I need some pumpkin carving lessons! ;)