Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Here's a quick one...

Check out this cool Wizard of Oz pop-up book that Elsa got from my cousin Kelly! It's especially special because we (the 4 cousins) used to watch The Wizard of Oz all the time at our Grandparent's house. I've seen that movie more times than any other. Anyway, this is just a quick shot I took of the Emerald City. Glasses were included to enhance it's emeraldness. You should see the other pages; they're super detailed and awesome. Needless to say we never look at it when Lila is around.


Stepping into the living room one day, I encountered this. Lila just hangin' out, looking like she tripped over a stuffed animal and was too tired to get back up. This morning after she burped, she said,"I puked. I puke every day... and... I fall down." Yep.


On Monday at preschool I told Elsa we had to write her name on her art project. She grabbed the marker and said,"I'll do it!" This is what she wrote:
(See? A S L E)


Then she tried another one. S L A E


She doesn't get that they have to go in order yet, and we have to work on the S, but hey, I was impressed. Not bad for a first time. Honestly, I hope it takes her awhile to figure out. These first imperfect scrawlings are just too cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is WAY too cute, keep those for sure!

she definitely has the A and E down that's amazing!, i remember it took me forever to get my A down. it would always look like an o with a line sticking out of the top (instead of off to the side)
it's funny how the brain processes things!!!
m