Friday, January 29, 2010

Well, I don't know what to tell ya. It's still winter and we're still inside most of the time. Elsa's preschool is Mondays and Wednesdays. Within the past couple weeks she's become friends with a girl in her class. It's her very first friend that she's made on her own. Up until now she's played near other kids, but not really with them. Last week she actually asked the girl to play, saying, "You hide, and I will play seek!"

They come out of gym class holding hands! So cute.


Elsa throwing a ball at my face. That's always a good time.


Lila being her usual charming self.


For awhile they were hooked on morning cartoons, but lately they go straight for the books. I can't believe how many Elsa has memorized.


Tim and Lila. Awwww. This precious photo was probably taken just before she smacked him in the face or jumped on his stomach. That's how she rolls. Beware the baby!


This is what winter does to you. Last weekend I watched a football game, in its entirety. We all did. It was before the kids bedtime, so we ate popcorn and made it a family event. Then tonight, I made popcorn again (which is something the kids don't usually have). When it was ready, I gave Elsa her bowl and she looked at me warily and said,"Now do we have to watch the Vikings again?"

One night we were eating peas and pizza. Elsa of course wasn't touching her peas, and asked for more pizza. I said,"More peas-za? You want more PEAS-za?!"
She looked at me and laughed like I was super lame and said,"Are you trying to be funny or something?"

Every morning Lila runs to the kitchen, puts her finger on the chair and says,"I want mo ba-na-na, right there!" She probably eats 2 bananas a day.
In the middle of the night I'm frequently awoken by,"More water, mommy! Fill it up! Right now!"
She's still talking and singing like a maniac, and hollers,"Hi guy!" to random guys. I really need to be writing down more of what she says.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that pic of lila is so cute. what a pretty smile. when did lila get all her teeth! that plus a little bit more hair-fuzz makes her look like a little KID!
-m

Anonymous said...

ps jessie, i sent you email from a new email address. you might have to check your junk mail.