Saturday, November 13, 2010

Product Review: The Good Nite Lite


This summer the kids started to wake up at 5:30 am. I finally decided something had to be done, and in my sleep deprived state, I ordered The Good Nite Lite from Amazon. It came in the mail a few days later. I showed the kids their new nightlight and explained that when the moon is glowing, it's nighttime. When the sun comes on, it's okay to wake up. And it worked! Instead of Lila waking up screaming at random hours, she started waking up saying, "Mama, sun is on, come and get me!" The real test was Daylight Savings Time. The first day I forgot to switch it and the kids got up at 6. The next day I set it for the new 7, and they got up at 7. Brilliant. Most mornings they wake up exactly at 7, so I know they must actually wake up when the moon is still on, and then stare at it until it turns into the sun!

Today we had our first snow - a blizzard. We woke up to a winter wonderland and I was totally unimpressed. I haven't said anything about disliking winter, but somehow Elsa was already on board. Right away she said,"Aww, why did it have to snow? Look, it's covering my slide! I'll never swing again!" Awhile later they were excited to go outside, so we got bundled up.

Elsa had fun making snowballs and throwing them at me.



Lila could barely walk in the snow and wanted to be carried. She also didn't like having mittens on because she couldn't get to her fingers.


The snow was really heavy, and every now and then we'd hear a loud craaack! as the weight of it would break a tree branch. It was fun, but it's already hard to imagine another 4 months of this!

No comments: