Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

I'd planned to share these photos right after Halloween, along with the birth of my niece (Due Oct. 31), but she's still not here! So...

Halloween day we went to visit Jenny and Shane and did some shopping. Lila played the piano and ran around while Elsa sat quietly on the stairs. She started to feel kind of under the weather.


I wore this wig for Halloween 1999 when I went with my friends as Jem and the Holograms. Elsa thought it was pretty cool.


Tim is the master pumpkin carver around here, so it's become a tradition that he carves the pumpkins. He designed and carved these babies in about 10 mins. I told him to make the one on the right look like Lila. It kind of does, doesn't it?!


The kids in front of Grandma and Grandpa's house on Halloween.


When we got there they were carving their pumpkin. Elsa insisted that they make it a puking one.


We tried something new this year and went to a big neighborhood development for trick-or-treating. The streets were packed with people - it was totally chaotic. Most people didn't bother handing out candy at the door, instead they sat in their driveways and had huge bonfires. At one house, a guy was dressed up like a demonic scarecrow and suddenly I heard Lila gasp and inch toward me. She was too afraid to take her eyes off him or to cry. She just said in a monotone voice,"I want my mommy" as she stared at him. Everyone at the bonfire just laughed at her!
This lady is like, Grrreat...thanks for taking my picture.


We got to about 5 houses before Elsa wanted to go home. Poor kid, she was worn out. They still ended up getting plenty of candy.
SUUGAAR!