Friday, January 26, 2007

Babes in the 'hood


It was another fabulous week in Wyoming, MN. I tell ya, I love this stay-at-home business. We were visited by lots of family, and my sis (a.k.a. The Boss) came up from the city. Of course, I also went to the weekly Cornerstone Convention on Thursday. Elsa went shopping and behaved very well in two restaurants. It's good to know we can eat in public without incident.

The Man of the house has gone to the city this evening, to rapture audiences with his musical expertise. I wish I could be there, but I know the boys will be playing for years, so I have time to make it up.

I'm in search of the perfect Wyoming postcard. Oprah has this contest going on, and I aim to win. I don't really feel a need - I just want to. I figure if I send in just the right postcard with my entry, i'll have a better chance. "Wyoming is great - but I miss you!" won't do - no, i'm looking for something bleak, something that screams "I need a spa vacation". I'm seeing... snow, and a desolate-looking Wyoming water tower. If anyone is in possession of such a card, let me know. Otherwise, I might just have to take the photo myself. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I'm sure I have a great chance - Oprah doesn't have that many fans, does she?

6 comments:

crystal o said...

Gracie has the same book. She loves how it krinkles!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! She must be getting teeth with all the chewing.

It was good to see Aunt Karen this weekend but Hannah sure missed Elsa. I can't wait for the two to meet. Easter?

JR said...

Yes, Easter for sure! Can't wait to see you and Hannah. Karen said that she was such a good baby at the shower. All smiles! I can't wait to see how they react to eachother.

Anonymous said...

I have some babies too!! Can we be friends?

-The Quig

JR said...

Quig -
Do your babies have afro's like their momma?

Anonymous said...

Don't be a hater -- My dome is tight.

-Quigley Down Under, AKA McQuiggles