Saturday, June 7, 2008

William O, Fawn-Doe-Rosa, and Mama takes a digger...

Last Sunday we went to William O' Brien State park and took a walk with Grandma and Grandpa E. It was finally shorts weather. Here's Elsa splashing in a puddle on a giant rock, and the two of us by the river.



This morning we went to Fawn-Doe-Rosa in St. Croix Falls, WI. The earliest memory I have of the place is when I was about 4 years old. Our parents brought us while they were looking at land to buy. I innocently stole a daisy ring from the gift shop. When we got back to Minneapolis and mom discovered what i'd done, she made me feel so guilty I couldn't stand to look at the ring anymore. Needless to say my shoplifting days were over. Elsa had a great time today, but I doubt it was as life-changing an experience as mine was.
On to the pictures...





Isn't this photo so Disney? Check out the deer with his leg perfectly bent in graceful splendor. Meanwhile, Elsa holds her arm up in a defensive pose to one that gets too close. We were pretty impressed at how many animals they had running around; it was better than the zoo.

Then, as we were walking away quickly from a mangy looking deer, my sandal got stuck in the mud. It slid forward - in slow motion - toward a huge mud puddle. My loss of balance made me fall sideways, and instead I hit the grass with my arm and knee (saving the belly!). Very lucky, but still - not a pretty sight as a hugely pregnant lady crashes to the ground like a rhino on roller skates. After Tim was done laughing, he was able to tell me that he was pretty sure nobody else witnessed the event. I can't wait until my ounce of grace returns in a few weeks to save me from future horror.

4 comments:

SJ said...

Oh no! I'm glad you didn't get hurt...other than your pride. I love the pic of you and Elsa by the river! You look so great for being a few weeks away from having the baby...did you photoshop the pic? :)
Love ya, SJ

Anonymous said...

Dude! I'm laughing picturing the fall right now. I'm so sorry!
xtal

FEZ BEAR said...

The only thing funnier than seeing a someone fall is seeing a pregnant lady fall. Medula Oblongata!

Kelly said...

omg cuz--I remember when your mom took you, me, beck and wee wee there when we were little tykes. Good times! It's full circle now, eh? Glad to hear to your tumble wasn't a big one--you're an agile rhino :)