Friday, June 25, 2010

gymnastics, a carnival, and shenanigans

It seems like if it isn't 90 and sunny and humid as all get out, it's 72 and cloudy and rainy. Another weird summer so far. We took advantage of one of the 90 degree days and went to the beach to have a picnic. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you live in the area, Coon Lake Beach in Linwood is THE BEST.



Yesterday was Elsa's first day of gymnastics. She loved it! When it was over, she said, "I want to do that 20 times in a row!"
Meanwhile, Lila was sad and cried. She was really upset she couldn't go in the gym and participate with the other kids. Next time one of us is going to stay home with her.



It's not advisable to leave any type of bag or basket unattended in this house. Whenever I turn my back, it disappears. Lila took this one and made a little napping cave.


Like I said, don't leave any bags laying around. In this instance it was my purse. Luckily, Elsa hollered for me to come here, quick. I was actually pretty impressed that she managed to get the lipstick in the general vicinity of her lips and not anywhere else.


Last week we went to the North Branch carnival. The kids loved the rides!




Sharing a corn dog.


Elsa (on the right) went on this super jerky, scary, crocodile roller coaster all by herself. She was super freaked out at first. This lady next to me even looked over and said,"Uh oh, it looks like she's about to lose it." But as it kept going, her face started to look less terrified and she ended up saying it was her favorite ride of all.


Last week was a good harvest week with all the rain we've had. Here are some radishes from the garden and cherries from the cherry tree.



Elsa said something funny last week. She was listening to Tim and I as we were having a conversation. I asked him to please do some chore or something, and after he left she said,"Mommy, will he not listen?" I laughed so hard, but all I could say was, "I don't know - we'll see!" :)

Next week is Lila's birthday. She'll be TWO! We're having a small family gathering for her this weekend. Get ready for a ton of photos.