Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July and more

On Lila's birthday we went to my parents house for a pool party. Mom made these super cute bunny cakes (make from 1/2 of a regular cake), so the girls were happy they could both have one.


Birthday kiss!


On July 3 we went to the Forest Lake parade. It was SO HOT. They threw so much candy and on top of it, tons of freeze pops. Definitely a good idea, but not after we had about 10 of them. Sugar insanity. We decided to ditch out after the first hour (the thing is 2 hrs long!) and hit the carnival. The kids went on some rides, and by then they were so hot and tired that we had to carry them 12 blocks back to the car in 95 degree heat. I thought I'd pass out!



For the 4th we went back to my parents house for more pool party fun and also some fireworks.



The girls love drinking "bubbled water" out of of shot glasses with straws. I said,"They look like a couple of old time hookers!" To which my dad replied very seriously,"You mean Showgirls, Jessie." Um, yes.


Grandpa Barney and new puppy, Buford! Isn't he so cute?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buford, i love you already!!!!