Friday, July 23, 2010

north shore, random kid photos and quotes

It was my b-day on Thursday, and Tim and I were able to get away for the night to the North Shore! (thanks mom and dad!) We did some biking at Gooseberry Falls, had a nice dinner, and used every amenity we could at the hotel while we were there. It was beyond awesome.





I have barely any photos of the kids lately. We've been at the beach a lot, and I keep forgetting my camera. This is Lila in her new sun/beach dress.


This was taken before Elsa's last gymnastics class. She gets really excited and wild before we leave! She loves it so much, we just had to sign her up for another four weeks.



Lila takes a ride on the bus. She's really into playing pretend lately. I'll be making dinner and feel a toy car roll up my leg while she makes car noises. She'll hold a toy over the side of the couch and say "AHHHHHH!", then she'll drop it and rush to rescue the injured. She likes to say "because" a lot, but doesn't understand what it means. An example: "I like bananas because... I like bananas."


Elsa made up her first poem last week. It's a bit on the sad/dark side, but all the brilliant ones are! haha. Not kidding though, before bed one night she suddenly said:

There's no place like home
My heart is alone.

What?! I'm glad I keep this stuff written down. A friend of mine gave me the idea to keep a shoebox with paper/pen attached (like a suggestion box) in the kitchen so it's easy to remember to write things down. Here are a couple more.

Elsa, after seeing my terry cloth shorts:
"Mommy, is that shorts or a towel?"

Then there's Lila. She still wakes up a lot in the middle of the night. One of the most recent ridiculous requests at 3 a.m.:
"Cover my toesies up!"

Or this:
Me: "Lila, I'm going to eat your cheeks!"
Lila: "No eat my cheeks! It be wewwy wewwy dangerous."

1 comment:

John Warner said...

I was pretty pleased to uncover this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to check out new stuff on your website.Don't have money to shop on eBay use this legit eBay gift card code generator tools to get free eBay gift cards code.