Sunday, October 19, 2008

Action packed weekend

Our weekend started on Friday. During the day we took a visit to Pinehaven Farm and went to the pumpkin patch/animal farm.


Elsa eats a corndog and humors me by the train cut-out.

Elsa, still eating the corndog, maneuvers over some pumpkins.


Friday evening, Tim and I headed to Stillwater for a night out with John and Melinda. It was a great time of course, and a much needed night out. If you're ever in the Stillwater area, I highly recommend Nacho Mamas for authentic mexican fare. Too bad I forgot my camera!

Saturday we went to another pumpkin patch: good old Lendt's in Wyoming. It doesn't have as much stuff as Pinehaven, but I like it more because of it. This late in the season we really had to work for our pumpkins. At first we wanted to give up and get pre-picked ones from the front, but then the fresh air hit us and before we knew it, we were knee-deep in wholesome family fun. And also, some super rotten pumpkins. This one is delightfully disgusting, isn't it? Very Halloween.


Lendt's "Pumpkins"? Are they not real pumpkins?





Just when I thought we couldn't handle more fun, my parents called and asked if we'd want to ride the Osceola train to Marine on St. Croix the next day. I'd always wanted to take that train, especially during leaf watching season. It was so cool!

Lila and railroad tycoon James J. Hill.


Elsa is super excited to ride on "Thomas" the train.





Finally, some Lila news. Last week she discovered her feet. She can lift her head to a 90 degree angle, and she's rolled over a few times. Her favorite pastimes are getting foot rubs, holding hands, and staying up all night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! so glad you're coming to D's thing. we'll have lady's night SOON!-m