Sunday, April 26, 2009

Celebrating Great Aunt Kay

Last Tuesday, the kids and I went with my dad to the Cumberland Public Library. They created a new addition, and were having a special day to honor of my Great Aunt Kay. She was the librarian there from 1939-1979, and a fixture of the community.

Great Aunt Kay.


Elsa reading in the new children's section.


They had a blast. There were neat pillows to lay on, bleachers to sit on, toys on the wall, and books everywhere.


Lila can crawl faster every day, but she prefers to practice walking.


Elsa didn't want to leave, so she told my dad to lay down for just a "couple minutes". That's what she always says when she's stalling at bedtime, too!


For anyone who doesn't know, Cumberland and the surrounding area is where Al Capone and other gangsters liked to hide out back in the day. On our way home we stopped in Comstock, WI, at an Italian-owned cheese shop. I loved their parking lot signs. The unnecessary apostrophe in the word "Welcomes"? Not so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there an inside gangsta joke to the Welcome's? If not, that drives me insane too!