Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Week in Pictures (plus a video).

Monday. Went to school. We only have a few weeks left, so I thought we'd better get some photos.


Us moms leave the kids about halfway through class for our discussion group. Here are some of the kids lined up by the door, each with a ring to hold while walking down the hallway to the gym. Pictured: Cael, Elsa, Austin, and Emme.


Elsa went to visit with grandma on Tuesday, so I took Lila on a long walk down the bike path. It's so rare that I have alone time with her, unless it's in the middle of the night. We had a great time. I gave her a dandelion, so of course she did this:


After our walk, we hit the thrift store. She thought she was pretty cool being my one and only sidekick.


Another milestone: we put the kids in the tub together, without Lila sitting in her infant tub. They played happily and posed for photos.


Then we decided to hook up the bubble machine. Elsa had a blast, but Lila was a bit freaked out.


And finally, the kids playing. Elsa doesn't usually try play with Lila - she pretty much ignores her unless she's messing with one of her things. She'll holler at her to stay away from cords, not eat off the floor, etc. Once in awhile I'll catch her reading to her. Meanwhile, Lila adores Elsa and always wants to see what she's doing. She still cracks up at nearly everything she does. Here you can see Lila trying to get in on the fun, while Elsa looks to me for help.


Sharing. So far it's going a little like this: Lila discovers a new toy, has fun and acts adorable with the toy, and then...

We're working on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg that's hilarious!!
A: lila's facial expression with the bubbles
b: the video.

aaaaah, thanks for the laugh.
:)
m

trinity said...

Your thrift store looks cool! Where did you get that bubble machine?? That is the COOLEST!

Love the "Elsa, the fun-hater video" - lol!

Owen said...

A BUBBLE MACHINE!!! Do you remember Aunt Kay's? I have to write that down on my list for this summer. :)

Anonymous said...

I NEED A BUBBLE MACHINE! I've never seen one before! I bet the kids would like it too. Where did you get it??

Julie

JR said...

We got the bubble machine from auntie Emma. I'll ask her and let you know!