Sunday, April 26, 2009

The zoo, playground equipment, a wedding, and more.

Last Thursday we had our first 80 degree day. We started off by going to Como Zoo with our friends Trinity and Sophia. The girls loved watching the seals.



Here they are posing on the giraffes.


Lila had a fun time, too.


After we got home, we spent the rest of the day outside.




Tim had band practice that night, so I had a pizza picnic with the kids in the back yard. Lila loved to slide her feet around on her plate, and crawl through it too. She was covered in tomato sauce! Then there was this: the top of Lila's head, covered in sand from the sandbox. Tim calls her baby fuzz the "hair tornado".


Needless to say they went straight into the tub.

Friday my dad came over and helped Tim set up our new swing set. It's so cool - I wish I could fit on it! Lila hung out in the cardboard box.


The finished product.


Elsa loves it.


Last night we went to a friend's wedding and left the kids with grandma and grandpa. It was at Minneapolis City Hall, which I'd seen a million times before, but never on the inside. Marble and stained glass everywhere - it was stunning.

Tim and I in front of the giant statue of "Mississippi - Father of Waters".


Today I went to a purse party and came home with a cool beach bag for summer. I love that it's large enough to carry all of my every day necessities, including small children.

2 comments:

SassyMandaG said...

Your girls are so adorable. You must have so much fun with them every day.

It sounds like you had a perfect trip to the zoo with Trinity and Sophia.

-Mandy

Anonymous said...

A teeter-totter!!! That was our favorite thing to do EVERY DAY at recess, remember? Ahhhh.. Do you think we're too big?
:) Julie